Sunday, January 1, 2012

A whirlwind of a trip worth every millisecond

At last on this beaming beautiful first morning of 2012 I get to sit on my couch in my hello kitty pjs,hello kitty coffee mug already on my left and my pink covered iPad on my lap.Yes I am in my element. I get to write this overdue post on my trip to the mother city.

Wow...wow...wow where do I start?! Well Adhil did say that he will be sure to make it worth every minute of my 9h40 min flight to Cape town,2 nights at the wedding and my flight back then straight to work!! Well boy did Adhil and Bridget pull off an absolutely special wedding that made every millisecond of my trip worth it. (I had no doubt)

It was a hell of an overwhelming trip for me.Let's rewind to a week and a bit prior to the wedding. It ate me inside to not be there for the wedding pre-prep and gatherings. I wanted to be there for my "Doons" in every way I possibly could. Thanks to my siblings and friends(my
extended family) I was kept updated with beautiful photos of the happenings and blurbs were shared on what they were up to. During this week I couldn't stop thinking of how my mum would be smiling and proud of how us siblings were there for each other to support one another and be with each other. On more than one occasion in my mum's last year on this earth she mentioned having a fear of us siblings drifting apart! Not a chance Mardia even though we might have our differences our loving bond and all aspects that make up that bond has a padlock on it!!! I have no doubt that each of us kids were going through our own silent emotional turmoil of sorts missing mum and dad. For that entire run upto the wedding I kept having flashbacks of mum at the engagement party of Adhil and Bridget as well as all the conversations had about the wedding.

On the day of departure to Cape town my heart was glowing like you won't believe. Everything had come together including what I can only imagine was the cherry on the top for Adhil,Sacha's visa and approval to travel(let's not even go into what approval he needed) had come through at the 11th hour! I kept positive that the universe was going to continue dishing me a winning hand with my flight being on time and all going smoothly for me and the universe delivered!!

On arrival I was shattered from no sleep and a tiring week at work however seeing that mountain on decent in Cape town as well as flying over Table bay just energized me. When I stepped out at the arrivals terminal I was eager to see who was going to be the smiling face waiting to meet me. I felt like a little kid with a lucky packet. I knew that there were so many of my loved ones in the mother city for my boets wedding and I had no idea as to who would make it to fetch me. Whoever it was was was going to be special. I had requested a vida coffee on arrival so once through the doors and not seeing a familiar face I unexpectedly found a vida cart in the terminal. I made my way there and was happy to wait on my friendly face. Next thing you know the Christophers (Sacha and Sashe)who landed that very morning from London were making their way towards me through the crowd and with a fun welcome sign with wording that played on from our gathering in NY in 2010. Wow wee what a super surprise. I think from that moment my heart opened that much more to allow all this joy and beauty in. Next thing you know the groom-to-be arrived with a vida coffee in hand!!!He had dashed to the domestic arrivals to get me a vida coffee. I cannot explain to you how I felt to see him approaching me coffee in hand. (I'm tearing up as I write this) To have the groom-to-be be able able to meet me on arrival despite his hectic schedule and tiring week. IT MEANT THE WORLD TO ME!!!!!!

Once we left the airport my trip became more and more deeply special and beautiful. I cannot tell you how special each interaction with my siblings,family and friends was. I was so moved and overwhelmed by everything and everyone. What a trip!!!

To see my brother Adhil getting married and to be surrounded by such special people who have added to the chapters of my life story was just UNREAL!

Ok I need to pen off now as I am going through waves of joyful emotional tears and I am still pretty tired so please stay tuned for more shares on this awesome trip. So so much to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment