Below is the email I sent to the food and beverage management who invited me along....
"Being a fellow "foodie".... when the concept of the "Latin-American afternoon tea" came along for La Parilla I was most intrigued.
A lover of Latin-American music and food…this has me rather curious.
Yesterday at last Joanna and I managed to get to come through to experience this and put my curiosity our of its misery.
I arrived with no expectations and an open-mind. Of course the gorgeous location and airy venue sets the tone and I feel keeps the charm and class of an afternoon tea setting. I think having the guests experience sitting in high back arm-chair style seating adds to the unique tea that you offer.
The beautifully presented menu had me excited about what was about to come out of the kitchen!
Each course was beautifully presented. Everything was so neatly placed on the table and the selected gorgeous crockery and cutlery made the experience of the tea most enjoyable. This for me being a lover of the "afternoon tea" experience can make or break it.
Ok onto the delectable bits of confectionery delight and sandwiches….
After my first few bites into the attractive looking sandwiches I studied the ingredients closely and was so impressed with the breads chosen and the fillings. We did indulge in a second round of sandwiches and don't regret it one bit!
Onto the scones….wow the unique idea of serving a trio of flavours was a highlight for me. My personal favourite was the passion-fruit accompanied by the guava as well as papaya exotic jam. I wanted to hit the "pause" button here! Joanna reallyenjoyed the guava jam.
Onto the next course of treats which were the selection of petit-fours…a grand mix of different types of textures and tastes. Each fork full was delicious and didn't disappoint!
I was now anxiously awaiting the macaroons. Another personal favourite of mine! Joanna and I fell head over heels for the "coconut and dulce de leche flavor". I have never come across that combination before. We shared this love for this particular one with you and thank you for the refill of this flavor. The truffles of course do get a mention as they too were in a league of their own.
Gentlemen all of this served with the beautiful easy drinking teas which were the "Mate" and the "Life and Beauty". Being a tea lover this was the first time I came across such a smooth tea(if I can even use the word smooth). It was as if I found an easy drinking wine. The "Life and beauty" has such a subtle fruity hint to it and went so well with the courses we were served.
I was sold on this unique experience when I got to the passion fruit scone and Joanna and I truly enjoyed this "unique" experience.
Thanks to the guitarist who played familiar tunes that evoked memories within me and spoke to my soul.
Alessio as mentioned to Lai directly her service was fantastic. She was attentive, pleasant and knowledgeable. She knew exactly what she was serving and spoke with a sense of great experience. (I have not had such pleasant experience in Dubai in a while)
Thank you for the opportunity to experience the tea and we will without a doubt be sharing our experience with the team.
This is definitely something that can take off!"
No comments:
Post a Comment