Friday, July 27, 2012

Another great experience!

> Just got home from another awesome product knowledge stay-over!
>
> There was food,food,food,swimming and great comfort and luxury from this five star gem. This stay was at a corporate hotel however what I loved was it still left me with a homely feeling which is hard to get just right when catering for the typical businessman or businesswoman's stay. I have experienced numerous corporate hotel stay-overs and this experience did leave you with a comforting homely feeling. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that gave it the extra chip but it was felt.
>
> I got to check-in yesterday morning and spent most of my time relaxing trying to kick these germs to the curb which are not completely gone. Last night my friend Lecia got to join me after work and we dined at "The Rib Room". I had been wanting to dine there for ages and it turned out that all the staff from my office who stayed over last night also chose this dining venue as their choice. Picture... New York style upmarket steak-house where the decor has those plush leather seats and booths. Masculine style of interior with crisp white table cloths which were seriously ironed by our waitron as patrons left. She had this mini iron in her hand. Picture a tall slim upright Giselle casted ballerina figure in her black and white uniform with hair pulled back and an iron attached to her hand. It was not something you see everyday but added to that NY steakhouse vibe. I had a black angus steak with their signature fries,wasabi fries and of course I couldn't resist tasting the mashed potatoes with truffle oil!!!! I am not one for red meat but once in a while and especially when dining in a good restaurant I give in. My knife literally glided through the meat and it sure melted in my mouth. Wow! Wow! Wow! For dessert I had the ginger and vanilla creme brûlée. I kept thinking of mum and my shared love for creme brûlée. She definitely would have enjoyed it!
>
> This morning my fave meal in a hotel was upon us. Brekkies! What an absolutely gorgeous spread. It sang to my soul. Bircher muesli...poached eggs....grilled salmon....seeded bread...apricot tart...coconut and pineapple muffins... Ok I will stop! During breakfast mum was with me in my heart and soul. I had a "Mardia-style" brekkies. Poached egg,mushrooms, grilled salmon.Shortly after breakfast it was time to enjoy the swimming pool. I had a bit of time on the lounger and a fair amount of time in the refreshing pool. Oh how I miss swimming regularly.
>
> This time around I asked for a late check-out and took advantage of getting to chill and not leave immediately after brekkies. All in all a great stay...yeah some service highs and lows. I can never put Sue's hotel industry trained eye to rest.(I did share some of my feedback in the questionnaire)
>
> So for the hotel fanatics out there here is something random that I picked up on:
>
> -When you ask for a late check-out after you have had your key issued to you you don't have to have it re-programmed at the front desk. It's automatic. Yeah I guess things have evolved since my front desk days.
>
> Another great weekend getaway. Stay tuned for a review on the Turkish opulence I am yet to experience at my next stay.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment