Sunday, October 14, 2012

My "Pink Tea" experience

As some of you might of picked up off my Facebook updates or off some other source I recently on a whim entered a work competition to name a pink cake that would be served at the Burj Al Arab hotel in honor of breast cancer awareness through the month of November '12. 

I submitted the name "Think Pink" which immediately flashed to mind. Think Pink was the name of one of my blogs that I had in my early Cape Town days. It was named by Aroon and of course this name has all to do with my love for the color pink. 

So...I submitted the name for the competition and I and another lady won runner up and she submitted the same name as me.The winner was from my department too and he named the cake "Bella Rosa". We three won a photo shoot at the hotel and the photo was going to go up on the hotel's fb page. At the photo-shoot the signature pink ribbon was illuminated onto the front of the hotel which would be lit up every Thursday evening and we were given a pink ribbon to wear. 

We also won a gift voucher to experience the "Pink Tea" and after much confusion and many emails back and forth we found out that we were only entitled to the actual tea blend and not the actual cake! Lucas cancelled his reservation as he felt it was not worth it and more so as he was once an employee at the hotel so was over the excitement of going there. 

For me this meant much more as entering this competition hit my heart strings as it was in aid of cancer and it kept ringing in the back of my mind that it was the day I first put foot into this hotel that my mum passed away. I had made a reservation and thought this was the perfect thing to do on what would of been mum's birthday which was yesterday 13/10/12 and with the beautiful company of Aunty Laulie (Cashel's mum) who is visiting from S.A. (Funny how this worked out as Cashel and I are tea fanatics)We got there,drank our tea in unusual cups..( great blend of Silverneedle and Fruit Berries tea which the waiter reckons was great for our health) chatted,took a few pics and enjoyed watching the crowds arrive  in awe upon entering this famous iconic hotel in Dubai... 

Cheers to another unexpected and pleasant experience in Dubai! 






No comments:

Post a Comment