
I went to the beauty salon to have my nails done as a little treat to myself.I decided to have gel overlays done.I asked the lady to please apply a very light pink gel as I of course have to look presentable at work.I was surprised to see that you get gel in colours these days.Just shows when last I ventured into have my nails done.She showed me a few pinks and I chose the french pink.She said it would be far too light and convinced me to go with the "iceberg pink" and said that once its on its not bright at all.I re-iterated that I cannot afford to have bright colours on my nails at work and she assured me not to worry.So the process started and after the first coat it looked fine and after the second coat it started looking not so light!!!! Now if you have applied gel onto your nails you will know that it is a long process that requires a coat,your nails baked if I can call it that and then more coats and bakes.When I stepped out into natural daylight I started having a mini panic as my nails were clearly a bright pink and I learned a lesson indeed... perceptions of "pink" as well as what is acceptable at work is TOTALLY DIFFERENT within my world and the beauticians world!
When I got home that day I couldnt take it off as its a process and I had just made moola for this!If I was on holiday I would have loved the look but for work....oh no!!!!
I went to work the next day so conscious of my nails and immediately checked if I had any management meetings over the next week....thankfully not.I made it through the week without being looked at strangely and I excused myself for my appearance at work.They couldnt understand why I was freaking out and loved the nails.LOL!After a day of sitting nervously with these pink nails I started to love them more and more at work as it added some additonal fun and colour to my day. Tomorrow I have to have it taken off I am afraid as I have some big meetings this week.....oh well...it was good while it lasted and from now on I will go with my gut and not trust the beautician!
No comments:
Post a Comment