I got into work on Friday morning and as I was settling in at my desk I received a message from Adhil saying that Lisa was in transit in Dubai en-route to Australia and would like to see me if possible.I was so thrilled at the thought of this.Absolutely sheer excitement.I asked him which hotel she was at and it turned out that out of the MANY hotels in Dubai Lisa was at the hotel next door which belongs to the group I work for!!!! I mean what were the chances.A buggy ride away and Lisa was in the lobby to meet me.I was so so excited.I had an immediate flashback to the night before I left Cape Town to Dubai. Lisa,mum and I had shared a cab ride home after Adhil and Bridgets' engagement dinner party.....little did we know that the next time we see each other mum would be gone.Lisa was so in tune with me and asked me directly how was I coping and how am I doing. I was so grateful for this question as I have realised that people tend to steer away from this "real"question as its something uncomfortable for them.As I was on my lunch break and time was precious we quickly headed to Starbucks only to find that we can buy take aways however are not allowed to sit there and drink it as its Ramadaan.We were handed our drinks in starbucks brown packets to "disguise" them and as Lisa was a guest of the hotel group we were able to head down to the beach where hotel guests are allowed to eat.We sat in the scorching sun under umbrellas of course and while catching up with Lisa I was smiling to myself thinking"Its not everyday that one can pop out on their lunch break onto the beach at their workplace and spend their lunch break there."The view of the ocean was beautiful and my heart was glowing. Thanks Lisa for making the effort during your very short visit to see me.It really meant the world to me.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
One of those awesome unexpected moments that life throws you!
I got into work on Friday morning and as I was settling in at my desk I received a message from Adhil saying that Lisa was in transit in Dubai en-route to Australia and would like to see me if possible.I was so thrilled at the thought of this.Absolutely sheer excitement.I asked him which hotel she was at and it turned out that out of the MANY hotels in Dubai Lisa was at the hotel next door which belongs to the group I work for!!!! I mean what were the chances.A buggy ride away and Lisa was in the lobby to meet me.I was so so excited.I had an immediate flashback to the night before I left Cape Town to Dubai. Lisa,mum and I had shared a cab ride home after Adhil and Bridgets' engagement dinner party.....little did we know that the next time we see each other mum would be gone.Lisa was so in tune with me and asked me directly how was I coping and how am I doing. I was so grateful for this question as I have realised that people tend to steer away from this "real"question as its something uncomfortable for them.As I was on my lunch break and time was precious we quickly headed to Starbucks only to find that we can buy take aways however are not allowed to sit there and drink it as its Ramadaan.We were handed our drinks in starbucks brown packets to "disguise" them and as Lisa was a guest of the hotel group we were able to head down to the beach where hotel guests are allowed to eat.We sat in the scorching sun under umbrellas of course and while catching up with Lisa I was smiling to myself thinking"Its not everyday that one can pop out on their lunch break onto the beach at their workplace and spend their lunch break there."The view of the ocean was beautiful and my heart was glowing. Thanks Lisa for making the effort during your very short visit to see me.It really meant the world to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment