Monday, August 8, 2011

You've got mail or maybe not?


While in Durban I recalled that my mum had text me around my birthday while I was in Dubai to ask for my postal address.Knowing my mum she probably had the intention to post me a birthday card.It was over the time of my birthday that my mum went downhill rapidly however once back in Dubai I couldnt help but think that maybe there was a very slim 1% chance that she did manage to write a card and ask a visitor to post it.Highly unlikely I knew as I know my mums world was at its end however I still to put my mind at peace wanted to go to the postal counter to check if anything was perhaps waiting for me.I avoided going to the postal counter as I guess I didnt want to face the reality that there wouldnt be anything.Today I plucked up the courage to put my mind to rest and felt strong within my emotions to face the outcome.At least now my mind can rest as I saw for myself that there wasnt any post awaiting me.My heart is warm knowing that my mum had the intention and if she physically could she would have sent me a card.Stay tuned for a write up on the beautiful memories my sister and I shared over three days in Dubai....

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, sista. Can't wait to hear about Z's visit...

    ReplyDelete