Sunday, August 14, 2011

A trip to visit lil sista Sue



A short while after settling back in Dubai post my dear mums funeral my sister mentioned to me that she was thinking of coming to spend some time with me in Dubai as she imagines its not easy being out here on my own and having to process mums passing.Well my sis was sure right and next thing you know a ticket was booked and my sister arrived for three nights.(I had been going through a challenging time with my emotions so the timing of this visit was perfect for my heart and soul)Seeing my sis at my front door was such an awesome and special feeling(felt surreal).Zsa arrived with a suitcase filled with goodies for me from mums cupboards that she thought I would like,an unexpected gift bag filled with pressies from Meena and loads of yummy goodies from Zsa herself.As a treat I had booked us into the hotel that I work at so after a small brekkies and some chats at my place we headed to the hotel.I found out post our stay that it was thanks to my manager that Zsa and I had a complimentary upgrade to a room with a sea view as well as had a complimentary sizable fruit bowl.We had a most comfortable stay at the hotel and shared three really SPECIAL days of great bonding. Reflecting on the time spent together I must say we had a good balanced three days-relaxing on the beach,swimming in the pool,a day at the malls(as you do in Dubai)general exploring,leisurely chats over meals and just some good sisterly bonding.(Morning coffees shared with my sis-big smiles)Of course the time flew by as it does when you having a good time.The day before my sis was due to leave that morning my tummy felt ill at the thought of her leaving in a days time.I gave myself a talking and before you know it I blocked it out and savoured the last day together.The morning my sis left I cant tell you how from out of nowhere this ill feeling ran through my entire body.Standing in the porte cochere area waiting for her cab to the airport I was speechless.There was so much I could have said or wanted to say but silence was best and I could feel that my sis felt the same.As the cab pulled away my heart was smiling with gratitude for our time together and the tears were streaming down my face.Tears of joy and gratitude for my sis having made that trip and tears around the loss of my mum as that was the motivating factor for my sisters visit.Who would have thought that Zsa would be visiting me so soon after my move to Dubai?

(Picture 1:Zsa happened to be here over the time of the monthly organised swim around the Burj so can you imagine my joy having been able to share this awesome experience with her.Hoping that during my time here I can have that same experience with my brothers too.A little something about the matching hats....little did we know that we both had picked up a hat each of mums in Durban and then both unexpectedly pulled them out of our bags on our first day of our stay at the hotel. Mum was with us all the way)

Picture 2:Dinner on our first night at an authentic Chinese restaurant at the hotel)





No comments:

Post a Comment