"Alot of people say that they dont have willpower.If you think you have no willpower you undermining your own success.Everyone has willpower.The first step is to accept its existence.The second step is to develop it and imagine willpower is like a muscle in your arm and it is YOURS to develop.Youre in charge of making it strong or letting it become weak.
Willpower is not strengthened by random external circumstances. Willpower is an inside game. Make a promise to yourself to be clear and truthful about your own willpower. It is always there."
The above was taken from an audiobook I often listen to called"100 ways to motivate yourself"Anon.
Well on that note after a skype chat with Aroon last night which entailed chit chat about his and Heidis' cycling progress and seeing his smile and glow while talking about it just ignited me wanting to wake up my willpower just that much more. I had intended to change my existing routine of exercising in the evenings to the mornings now as its a tad cooler.Not only is it cooler but those early hours of the morning are filled with magic and absolute power!They have always been my absolute best!I have been toying with making that switch as I keep thinking of my sensitive sleeeping patterns however despite a lack of sleep last night the willpower was so strong that my bodyclock got up before the alarm went off and I got to the gym twenty minutes earlier than planned!Woohoo! I had a cracker of a workout and pushed through my run at new heights. I had a flashback to a most memorable morning when Aroon and I went running together on one of my visits to Durban and this morning I closed my eyes and pictured him running along side me. I felt so inspired and motivated to push on and I felt stronger as I took my strides.
On this high note its time to finish off this post! Wishing you the ability to wake up that dormant willpower(for some) or that willpower that performing at a percentage of its ability. You can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment