So to be honest with you I was feeling out of sorts this morning and I had a yearning for a connection with my mum. Mum and I often spent time at the ocean either on our own in the different cities that we were in or when we were together we would go together. I guess we always felt a strong connection to my Dad when at the ocean due to his ashes being scattered in the ocean in Durban however which ever city we found ourselves in with an ocean we felt he was there with us. Even though my mum was not cremated I have an association of the ocean with my mum too so I had this urge to go to the beach today and spend some time there taking in the peace and tranquility. I had been meaning to do this last week infact but never got around to it and today I knew this was just what I needed. I timed it so that I would catch the sunset. I caught the 16h20 work bus to the hotel closest to the beach and took a short stroll from there. There were tons of people out enjoying the sun and the ocean. There were two kids in little duck outfits and their chuckles each time they had a wave splash on them was so delightful. Eventually the chuckles faded and I started to concentrate on my breathing and be one with the ocean. It was magical.It was really beautiful and just sitting there watching the beauty of the ocean made me feel closer to mum and dad. I then couldnt resist and took a great dip and then came out and watched the sun display a magical show of different colours and while this happened I saw rowers go by with the gorgeous silhoutte of the sun behind them and an aeroplane flew by as well. It all added to the beauty of the frame I was concentrating on.Eventually the sun had set and everyone was catching it on their mobiles and cameras. As it dissapeared I felt fulfilled and much better than I felt when I first got there:) The ocean never dissapoints me...it really has such magical powers.Seeing that the weather is cooling down I think I might start catching the sunset more regularly over my days off. Only in Dubai does one look forward to going to the ocean in "winter..."LOL!
touching, sis - you took me there with you, with your splendid writing! keep it up....
ReplyDelete