Saturday, September 10, 2011

Radio quirks




Do DJs not get tired of being asked "and how are you?" from each caller live on air who call for competitions and "shout-outs"(said in the Cpt accent)? They dont have the time to tell each caller how they really doing and so they get into the routine of saying "I am fine thanks" or look for the shortest response to imply that they fine and in a single round of callers repeats the same thing about 10 times in a row! Radio stations would have a hard time with me I rekon as if I was a DJ and you asked how I am doing "I am going to probably give you the full deal" and the caller within the next minute will get my response of"I still feel the same as my response to the caller before." I do this at work infact....its hilarious.As I walk into the office the agents are all sitting almost on top of each other so when I greet the one the person next to them is often listening and they hear me saying "I am well thanks" and then when I move onto the next person they fall into the usual robotic trap of "Hello.How are you"(said as if its all rolled into one word...Hellohowareyou) and I respond "I am still well" and they give me an uncomfortable laugh. Your view might be that its polite however through my world it shows that one is robotic and thats where your creativity with the art of listening and engaging conversation can kick in.
The other radio quirk I find is that adverts for certain events go on past the event date! Yes I get that a company pays for X amount of advertising however I find it silly to have adverts still running for an event that has come and gone.
Anyhoo thats my blab for the morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment