Sunday, September 16, 2012

Don't leave me for too long in a cereal aisle!

Random yes...but hey this is MY BLOG where I share my random thoughts
and can ramble on...

Whenever I head into a supermarket and head into a cereal aisle I
really feel like a kid in a candy store! I could spend ages there
looking at the different types and if I wasn't health conscious I
would easily leave with a mountain of sugar coated cereals loaded in a
trolley to take home.

The brightly coloured boxes that allure you and the sweet flavours and
interestingly shaped cereal grains intrigue me. ( Is this the rebel in
me wanting to come out after years of having being made to sit and eat
the Original flavored Pronutro at the table which I couldn't stand at
the time but then later grew a liking to?)

More so here in the this part of the world I spend more time in this
dangerous aisle as we get loads of imported cereals. I was in my
absolute element when I first arrived here to see that I could get my
hands on "Shreddies" that I was introduced to in the U.K while on
holiday at Uncle Jay and Aunty Indira's place. Gee that was back in
1993!

As much as I would love to head home with a variety of cereal each
time I visit the supermarket I head home with Alpen no sugar added
muesli and a packet of oats! Last night I treated myself to a mini box
of Special K with the red fruits. Not much of a treat I imagine you
thinking right now! For me it's a cereal and that's the excitement.

I also am able to easily indulge in a bowl of cereal at anytime of day
and I know one or two peeps in my circle who share the same love for
cereal.
Yasmin Schrueder I know you miss your "Fruit Loops". I will bring you
a box when I next make a trip home.

What's in your cereal container?

Happy Sunday peeps!

1 comment: