My friend Erica based in Cape Town and I often exchange photos with each other via whatsapp of our surroundings on our morning commute. Random pictures of the buildings...people...roads...anything really. The pics give her insight into my world and her pics give me a glimpse into something that I can relate to...home.
Over these past two weeks I have been meaning to document this post...
As our story unfolds so does our view from time to time...Through Erica sharing her pics and descriptions of the people around her it reminds me on a daily basis to stay in touch with my reality "Nothing lasts forever...we need to savor the current view and it's unique beauty."
The majestic "Table Mountain" (my big Romany Cream biscuit as I refer to it)...one of the "New 7 wonders of the world" was my daily view from my bed...my lounge...my work-place. (Both shots were taken from the balcony of the office at my previous workplace)
The mountain is a prominent landmark elevating to a height of 1085m that overlooks the city and is a major tourist attraction.
Signal Hill is the other breathtaking view just to the right of the mountain. The mountain and Signal Hill form the circumference of the 'bowl' of the Citybowl area. Often from the office we would see tour buses going up and smile inside feeling proud of our city.
During my 7 years in the "Mother city" I consciously took a moment each day to breathe in the beauty of these natural wonders.
Now my view has changed completely....
Every morning and evening I now I am passenger on a bus and am no longer the driver of my own ride. I try to make sure I always get a window seat where I can catch a glimpse of the everyday beat on the street. I look forward to that moment when we pass the tallest manmade structure in the world..."The Burj Khalifa." It towers to a height of 829.24m! It sure is an extraordinary union of engineering and art. It like my Table Mountain gives off a unique changing beauty as the day unfolds with the intensity of the light changing. I most enjoy looking at this wonder at night on the ride home. It sparkles with its many lights and stands out more so along the Dubai night sky.
Hmmm so I continue to enjoy this beauty but can't help but wonder what my next view might be...
No comments:
Post a Comment