I have been doing tons of reflection on my time here in Dubai and have
been reading through my Grat. Journal that I have had since day 1 of
this adventure. I had been documenting almost on a daily basis the
things I had been and am grateful for and here and there I had jotted
down longer entries of my feelings at the time.
So fast forward to now and I can say that one of my personal
realizations that I had had while here was "Not all battles are worth
fighting." I could easily have given more in many aspects of my time
here however I realised that sometimes even though the inner me is
screaming "Soraya you can make a difference and you can help or Soraya
you can gain from this" sometimes the battle at hand is not one worth
fighting. Sometimes the battle is bigger than it should be and it's
not for me to fight....
Sometimes a situation or a person doesn't warrant your personal
intervention even though you could possibly make a difference....
I consciously many a times found myself "accepting" ( key word) that
it's not worth it and moving on within my headspace. Liberating I tell
you!
To be able to see it for what it really is, weigh up what it will mean
for me or the other party,accept it and move swiftly along has been
the prize!
been reading through my Grat. Journal that I have had since day 1 of
this adventure. I had been documenting almost on a daily basis the
things I had been and am grateful for and here and there I had jotted
down longer entries of my feelings at the time.
So fast forward to now and I can say that one of my personal
realizations that I had had while here was "Not all battles are worth
fighting." I could easily have given more in many aspects of my time
here however I realised that sometimes even though the inner me is
screaming "Soraya you can make a difference and you can help or Soraya
you can gain from this" sometimes the battle at hand is not one worth
fighting. Sometimes the battle is bigger than it should be and it's
not for me to fight....
Sometimes a situation or a person doesn't warrant your personal
intervention even though you could possibly make a difference....
I consciously many a times found myself "accepting" ( key word) that
it's not worth it and moving on within my headspace. Liberating I tell
you!
To be able to see it for what it really is, weigh up what it will mean
for me or the other party,accept it and move swiftly along has been
the prize!
No comments:
Post a Comment